Friday, November 6, 2015

A Deep Purple Breather


I'm still up to my ears in my big illustration job and will be for at least the next three weeks - hundreds of little scenarios showing public health problems and how to deal with them, involving many confusing briefs, sketches, instructions and changes to all of the above... I'm through the pencil rough stage and busy with line drawings, next is colouring them all up in Photopaint....ooh my burning neck!

But I have got out now and then for a breath of air and some happy sloshing around with paint. It's jacaranda season (almost over already) so I just had to join sketcher friends in one of the purple shrouded avenues that grid the city and try once again to capture their glow. This one was actually sold after its appearance on our Joburg Sketchers page (thank you Peggy, if you read this!) I'll tell you soon about another lovely painting weekend, but it'll need a bit of work to show and tell... in the meantime, back to the drawing board.

4 comments:

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Ah! I love these trees! I don't know if we have them here, but I always get a purple burst of love when you paint and post them.

dinahmow said...

Still some flashes of purple here and there, but here now, the poincianas are flinging themselves about.

Sadami said...

Hi, Cathy, thank you for sharing very lovely works and a post (I love both jacaranda and a cartoon). Congrats on the sale of the work. I love jacaranda that always reminds me of our Sydney uni court yard. We, students spent time under the tree...! Good on you! You're working so hard. Me, too, working on a new picture book storyboard while preparing a new solo exhibition People of Parramatta from 16 Nov. Cathy, do stretch and be careful not to get pains in a body. I hope you can finsih up all the drawings. Best wishes, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

I've been waiting for your jacarandas! Lovely work. Take care with the neck and shoulders when doing so much work at a time!